karma mechanic;180821 Wrote:
> Assuming that you use AccurateRip then those undetected errors are now
> detected.  So the chain is ripper and comparator, and if the comparator
> says you don't match you MAY have errors.  If it says you do match then
> you don't have errors - no scope for undetected errors at all.

May I suggest you to actually read the article, the link on which I
provided. AccurateRip says "most likely you're fine, may be not", not
"it's 100% error free". Comparator can read bad place with the same
result, so error escapes. Etc.

Heuer;180825 Wrote:
> Plextor have stopped making drives. Their high price compared to mass
> produced drives from China caused their demise. Buy while stocks last!

I used to have Plextors, but this time I decided to go with LiteOn.
Some of those Plextors are re-badged stuff, others are not even close
to the quality level they were known for. What they retained is price,
which is ridiculous considering the above. Unless you know very
specific model that is still "Plextor" I wouldn't recommend it
anymore.

Check reviews for a drive that supports C2 errors, doesn't cache audio
data, and have overall positive responses. I personally like it to
support C1, PI/PO scanning, and working with raw data (i.e. being
2-sheeps drive). Best bet for DAE is said to be Pioneer, if you plan to
use it only for CD ripping. But if not, Pioneer has some undesirable
features built-in.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions:... >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >>...-