This past Septemeber i started ripping my 1300 CD collection to FLAC. I
used EAC to do the job and it took awhile but I am very pleased with
the results.

The secret to my success was folling the instructions on this page to
setup and use EAC:

http://jiggafellz.isa-geek.net/eac/

This page contains step by step instructions that really made it easy.

When ripping with EAC using these instructions my files were ripped in
Secure Mode and encoded to FLAC with proper tags created. To make
certain the files were tagged "proper" I used the resources of :

http://musicbrainz.org/

Musicbrainz is a database and tool that attempts to help create one
proper tag for each track/album. It's an option I like as I also use
Last.FM to track what I play.

http://www.last.fm/user/aangen/

I also use Tag&Rename to work with tags.

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

And Mr.Question Man to examine audio files. (just for fun)

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=5

The EAC process did it all for me, when i was done I could have been
done. But instead I played around with all the other stuff listed juts
cause my mind is bent that way.

I really recommend a visit to the Eac configuration site.

http://jiggafellz.isa-geek.net/eac/

EAC made easy.

--
aangen