Phil Leigh;182581 Wrote:
> There's quite a few HDCD capable DACS.
>
> Most of them are not in current production though.

Re. WMP licensing:
To obtain the HDCD source code, docutmetation, etc., there is a $10,000
fee- plus a $0.10 per unit royalty. I do wish more DAC makers would
invest in this, becasue HDCD can be sent over the network. Ideally Sb4
would support it and eliminate the DAC.

I think the Pacific Microsonic ASIC that did HDCD, before microsoft
bought them, included royalties in the cost of the chip. Does anyone
know of a chip available these days? Do any sites cover reverse
engineering some of the cheap dvd players/recorders, either to get the
HDCD chip/functionality out, or use a recorders digital input as DAC?

--
Skunk