Thanks for being so patient with this ... I am a bit confused myself,
because when I first did this, I was on WMP10, and now on WMP11 thinsgs
are a bit different. But if you bear with me, we can try to work through
this logically.

Simple answer first: the HDCD logo appears on the bottom left of the
WMP window ... just to the left of the track name and time in fairly
small print. If I recall correctly, the location was similar in WMP10.

Also, have you disabled any replay gain / volume adjustment /
normalization during the ripping or burning process - any volume
adjustments will destroy the HDCD info.

OK, so I've just inserted a mixed CD which I made from FLACs. The first
track is Madeleine Peyroux - Walking After Midnight which is an HDCD
track. In WMP 11, the HDCD logo only shows up when the 24 bit output is
disabled !!! Very puzzling. Does anyone else see the same kind of
behaviour?

--
Nikhil