jt25741;182783 Wrote:
> I make no claims to being a digital engineer - or understanding
> everything transpired in this thread.  What I do trust is that I hear
> real differences in sample rate converter algorithms.    What has been
> perplexing me most about this thread is the comments made that integer
> sampling rate converstions -- say from 96Khz to 48Khz are easy and not
> challenging for any reasonable SRC algorthm to do -- simply remove bits
> on the fly -- and low-pass filter them to remove the extraneous high
> frequency.      The comment directly above suggests this somewhat.
> However, even though most of my resampling tests are exactly that
> 96-->48 -- which should be easy to accomplish without major artifacts
> -- I still hear a substantial difference among the SRC choices...mostly
> related to high-frequency naturalness and harshness reduction (among the
> better filters).     Perhaps artifacts are what I am hearing on some and
> not others -- to a greater or lesser extent -- even in the "easy"
> integer reduction ratio?

How are you doing the resampling? Is it software you have written? If
you are using hardware implementation, such as an ASRC, there is not
much difference between integer and non-integer rate conversion, at
least, with respect to the algorithm used.

--
ezkcdude

DIY projects page:
http://www.ezdiyaudio.com

System:
SB3->EZDAC->MIT Terminator 2 interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step
Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz
anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.