> ... computer ripping has much better chances to retrieve
> the "lost stuff" ...

At the risk of losing something else elsewhere. Flipped bits in SRAMs
are quite likely. The thing is - they don't matter. Which is why the
obsession with utter and constant bit perfection everywhere is a losing
battle, and also one that to me personally does not make a lot of sense.
For one, I don't think my ears would be able to detect single bit
errors. And that's in the unlikely case that they make it through the
error detection built into digital chains.

--
pablolie