Mark Lanctot;184184 Wrote:
> You can tell SS to ignore this by going to Player Settings - Audio (last
> section) Volume Adjustment / Replay Gain.  SS is using it because the
> tags are there and you will find that Volume Adjustment / Replay Gain
> has been activated.
>
> They were most likely added during encoding, yes.  Generally you can
> specify whether you want these tags or not.  It doesn't hurt to keep it
> enabled, you can choose to use the tags or not.

Excellent.  "Disable Volume Adjustment" leveled out the files I've been
playing with.  Perhaps, one day, I will get around to re-encoding all of
those CD's.  I truly appreciate all of your assistance.  Next step for
me is to find a great encoder program for OSX.  Perhaps another post
after I do some searching.
Thanks again.

--
kphinney