results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817
Question: Should there be a new forum for photos?

- yes
- no
- maybe

ModelCitizen;185040 Wrote:
> I'm very impressed that anyone can get a hifi sounding good in a room as
> totally reflective as that one appears to be.

Though far from perfect, it's actually not that bad. Just outside the
pictures frame there's a sofa at the right wall, a large bookshelf on
the left wall and a curtain in front of the window. In the short run,
there will also be a thick, softish area rug on the floor (I didn't
tell her this rug is hifi equipment actually). There's another door
opening on the opposite side, I believe a couple of sound waves
disappear somewhere else in my appartment, at least I'm not
experiencing any flutter echoes.

nicketynick;185027 Wrote:
> If only something could be done with all those wires trailing
> about......

Granted, those wires aren't laid out very beautiful for now. I'll add
some proper cables of the right length soon and spend some thoughts on
how to drape or obscure them.

nicketynick;185027 Wrote:
> I suppose you could put an SB3 on each speaker and sychronize them (I
> wonder if they synch up accurately enough for this???)

I prefer simple things, so I'll stick to the cables. And if I had a 2nd
SB, I'd use it in the kitchen.

nicketynick;185066 Wrote:
> A good idea, but.... Is it your impression those floors are painted
> white?  It's hard to tell for sure from the photo, but I'd wager those
> floors are 150 year old fir planks. I know I would have reservations
> about drilling holes in them..... otherwise I agree completely!

You're right, these floors are from 102 year old fir planks, brightened
with base and some pigmented oil. And it's not my house - no way
drilling holes in the floor.

pablolie;184894 Wrote:
> Beautiful setup - minimalist and purposeful and therefore very pure both
> in looks and (I am sure) function.

Thanks.

Funtion in terms of ease of use is great. Since the wattage of the
idling amps is just like 2 watts I don't mind leaving them powered up
all the time. The amps are attenuated with a fixed voltage divider, so
that I can use the SB volume control in the range from 50 to 75 for my
usual listening levels retaining a good SNR.

I'm also happy with its function in terms of sound reproduction,
building these speakers was a giant leap ahead compared to my previous
70's Pioneer receiver/DUAL shelf speaker setup. They sound larger than
they look, very fast and clear in the highs, though not cold or
tedious. Anyway I'm not considering myself an audiophile... For sure
there are some possibilties for improvements. Linear PSU, rug (see
above), active crossover with a 2nd pair of amps (would fit in the base
compartement of the speakers, too), shielded power cables, external
dac...

Braidy;184891 Wrote:
> Very, very cool. Like something out of one of those middle class porn
> (aka style) magazines.

I'm glad you like it. Just for the records: the furniture isn't
expensive designer bullshit like it's depicted in glossy magazines.
It's either my own work, from garage sales or IK*A. And it looks like
that simply because I feel comfy in a bright and uncluttered
surrounding.

--
t081