I am excited about recent development higher definition downloads.  This
could potentially mean that my computer gear would catch up or rise
above my SACD/DVD player.  Although my SB2 is problematic when it comes
to decoding anything beyond 16/44.1, (I downloaded from HDTT and still
have not been able to play without studdering), I can still see the
poetential there.

However, I just noticed that SB3 only support up to 24bit 48Khz.  So my
questions for the technical gurus are:

1. Are there any sonic benefits when playing 24/96 or 24/88 through the
Sb3?

2. I am connected via coxial from the SB3 to a Benchmark DAC-1, If I
play 24/96 or 24/88 thru the SB3, what resolution is passed thru the
coaxial?

3. is it problematic for layman to transcode these high def downloads
to other formats, e.g. WMA to WAV, 24/88 to 24/48 or 24/96 to 24/48?

4. Not really a question: I think high quality downloads and the Slim
are match made in heaven, it would be excellent if Slim and the content
provider can work together and provide SB2 or Transporter certified
downloads.  i.e. Tested with the gears and certified to be the highest
quality possible for the gear.  I see a strategic alliance there.

Sorry for long post, just my humble thoughts.

--
agentsmith

SB2/Pioneer DV-S733A - Benchmark DAC1 - Naim Nait 5i - Naim Ariva
Speakers.  Storage via Buffalo 250GB LANStation+300GB USB drive,
Slimserver in old Thinkpad T30.