yooper;160027 Wrote:

> My Anthem pre-pro does have balanced inputs, I assume this would
> provide the best connection from either DAC or the transporter, as well
> as keep the glass toslink (vs usb) from the mini to the soon to be
> purchased device?

I'm curious what did you end up doing?  I'm in the same boat - MacMini
and AVM50, and have just acquired a Transporter.  I'm thinking about
using either the MacMin or a Sonos ZP80 as the front end to the
Transporter (just use it as a DAC not a player), however, I was advised
by someone on the forum that his experience was that using Transporter
as both a player and a DAC had yielded higher audio quality.

Thanks.

--
sting