TimothyB;187425 Wrote:
> Thanks, Skunk,
>
> [Re using a 5.1 amp] Since the SqueezeBox is going to be my only signal
> source, I was kinda figuring that the left channel would go to left
> front and rear and the right to right front and rear.  That way I could
> balance/fade between two pairs of stereo speakers.  Using two amps, I'd
> have to split the input signal.

Sorry, I didn't mean use two amps. I think a receiver will work great.
You'll just have to experiment with what sounds best as far as which
channels go where and how to best balance them. Also, I realized I
didn't mention  low to high level converters, which is obviously what
he must've been assuming you were going to use. Then you can connect
RCA from squeezebox to converter, and into the wall. The converter
should be fairly cheap so it's worth a go. I assume you'd need one on
the other end, but I did see an audio source amp that had speaker level
inputs.

I'd try to use the digital connection rather than purchasing
converters, if you get the digital amp. That's just one coax cable that
would have to be pulled through.

Generally the way it's done is fish a stiff wire through the chase and
tape your cable to that, so nothing sticks out to get caught on and
it's sealed up from debris, then pull the coax through section by
section. Easier than it sounds really.

Good luck and post some pics :-)

--
Skunk