Any truly audible difference among WAV and the lossless formats would
have to be an anomaly specific to the audio playback chain.  From an
audio quality perspective, it should not matter, as you can always
transcode if you really think it makes a difference, or even if you
just change your mind around which lossless format you want.

I suggest that you choose your format based upon other factors, e.g.,
comfort level with tools, concerns around open vs. proprietary formats,
etc.  Personally, I would go with FLAC, but I am not an Apple/Itunes/DRM
fan and I value the non-proprietary format.

--
jeffmeh