Interesting.  Thank you for the explanation.

On 3/21/07, adamslim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Mitch Harding;189219 Wrote:
> I guess I am just curious as to why the WAV format wouldn't matter,
> since
> whether you encode mp3 or flac, you still first rip to WAV, and then
> encode
> from there.
>
> I'm not claiming that it does matter, just looking for an explanation
> as to
> why it does not.

When you activate the 'use external program for compression' checkbox
in the EAC compression options (to choose FLAC, of course), it disables
the choice of WAV file, indicating that it uses a lossless compression
system, presumably a PCM .WAV.

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost and Anti-cables
http://www.last.fm/user/AdamSlim/