I've tried the brightness thing to no avail. I can turn the SB volume
all the way to 100 and it's really loud but not ridiculous levels.  I
believe an attenuator will do nothing but allow lower volumes of music,
which I do not need.  Do you think it may get rid of the excess noise?
The builder of the amps thought the SB may be "looking" for a stereo
amps and suggested grounding the two monos together. I haven't tried
that yet. He also said his amps have been hit or miss with computer
based audio due to their high bandwidth and high input impedance.
Thanks for the help.

--
amini1