325xi;190301 Wrote:
> Isochronous USB act in a manner very similar to SPDIF, so you could have
> jitter started on one stage earlier - already between PC and the DAC.
Hang on a minute.... USB also has an asynchronous mode, where the
receiver pulls the data from the sender. I had always assumed that USB
DACs would use asynchronous mode, because it's the mode that makes
sense. You seem to be suggesting that they don't - can you confirm this
for sure?

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?