slimkid;190991 Wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, do you unplug all such devices throughout your
> home while listening to the music. I mean, there must be at least 10 of
> them in typical NA household.

Nope, but then again when I'm listening normally to music I'm not also
trying to make a carefully controlled experiment to see whether the PSU
has any effect.

My direct experience with an SB stock PSU is that it throws out crud
with a range of several feet - so similar devices on the other side of
the house aren't likely to bother me, just the ones near my "important"
gear.

I had to buy a Linear PSU for one of my SB2's because the stock unit
made the Tivoli One radio, to which the SB is attached, completely and
utterly unusable.

I surmise - can't say anything stronger than that - that the same EMI
that is killing my radio might also explain some of the less dramatic
sound degradation effects that *some* users have reported.

Oh, and of course, not being in a NA household everything must be
different for me :)

Ceejay

--
ceejay