Pat Farrell;191179 Wrote:

> I don't understand what you are arguing about.

I'm saying that I don't consider proper speaker placement a "tweak".
And I don't think that "5ft from every wall" constitutes "proper
speaker placement".

> Proper setup is a fine name, but a huge number of people have no clue
> what that means.

Agreed.

> Even ancient bookshelf speakers such as AR3a and Large Advents, which
> defined the term bookshelf speakers, sound better away from the wall.
> Sure you trade off bass boost, but the rest of the sound improves.

I don't understand what your point is here.  You stick a speaker on a
bookshelf, and it's not properly placed.

> I just don't understand what you are arguing about. Proper placement,
> tweak, whatever, its all the same.
>
> And its cheap.

IMHO, "Tweak" implies "a minor adjustment".  IMHO, "Proper speaker
placement" implies "a major factor in setting up a stereo system".
That's all I'm saying.

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.