Pat Farrell;191200 Wrote:

> Because it defeats the purpose of the spikes. They are designed to
> solidly couple the speakers in one place. In theory, the speaker
> cabinet can move with music causing the imaging to smear.

I have my own hypothesis about how spikes work.  I think they lift the
cabinet off the floor and allow the bottom surface of the speaker to
vibrate, thus contributing to the sound along with the other five sides
of the cabinet.

The fact that the newly spiked speaker sounds a little different and
the listener's expectation that spikes will make it sound better
ensures that that is the result that is reported.

TD

--
tyler_durden