You need to ask the amp manufacturer what the gain of their amp (or
input sensitivity) is.  It would also be work checking if it's
different for balanced and unbalanced inputs.

With 86db sensitivity speakers and a power amp with a gain of +23dB
(which is low-ish), I can get the SB to sound uncomfortably loud,
although it does vary according to CD mastering.

The only other thing I can think to check, is that you are not running
an amp set for 230V mains on 110V.  I'm not sure it would work at all
even if you were, and it would probably sound pretty horrid, but you
never know!

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk