I know this is not a good forum to ask this, but on the otherhand I know
there are a lot of guys on this forum into DSP etc., and they might know
the answer to this.

I have an audio signal (say 1V RMS pink noise for the sake of argument)
and take say 32768 samples via an ADC. I then perform an FFT on this. I
then calculate sqrt(i*i + r*r) of the FFT data to get an "amplitude" at
each frequency bucket.

How do I interpret these amplitudes? I.e. how do I get the actual
amplitude (in volts) of the signal at each frequency?

I have searched the web and can't find anything.

--
rbl