Hi crooner. I hope you go through with this. I wouldn't worry about
destroying the sb2, as IMO the slimDevices Sb3 or original sliMP3 will
be more collectible. Just a guess though :-) My preference for modding
would go to an sb3 that has the 1748KE chip installed from the factory,
because it's beyond my capability. Possibly not worth worrying about in
a stock sb3, but if you're going all the way..

Another personal opinion is that the Sb display looks better in the
double case height anyway, so you're only left with extending the
connectors to the back of the case, which shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, I have some ALW superreg boards that I haven't been too quick
to populate. After having one returned that I tried to ship overseas, I
figured I'd give it away to someone in the contiguous states. May as
well be you if you're interested. I need someone who will motivate me
to build mine :-)

--
Skunk