fezco;194726 Wrote:
> Pardon me if this has been discussed before. I'm about ready to take the
> plunge and buy a DAC for my SqB3. Both of these come highly recommended
> and I was wondering how people like them.  The reviews on the PS audio
> product point to it being the 'warmest sounding DAC ever.' Of course,
> the Benchmark product has been highly regarded for some time and can
> double as a headphone amp. I am completely on the fence with this one.
>
> What say ye... o' Squeeze Box audiophiles?

The PS Audio has recieved some good press lately in TAS, but I have yet
to see a comparitive review with the current kings (Lavry, Benchmark,
etc..).  I am interested in that and have been looking too.   I have
the PSA unit, and am quite happy with it, but have not compared it with
these other myself.   I can say it is much better than another DAC it
replaced(much older).  I have the cable synergy dialed-in now, and it
sounds better than ever in my system.

Good listening, and please post your findings.

--
jt25741

SB3->AR Masters Coax -> PS Audio DLIII -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR ->
Sim Audio P5 -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR -> Sim Audio W5 -> PS Audio
Xtreme Plus(Low) AQCV4(mid/hi)-> Magnepan 3.6R