rblnr;190985 Wrote:
> Actually, turns out Empirical does not do such a mod.  Any other ideas
> anyone?

Actually, we do something along these lines.  Not a word-clock, though.
My newest layout of my Pace-Car reclocker will take I2S or S/PDIF as
input from the SB3 (we can mod the I2S interface into it) and the
Pace-Car will provide a master clock to the SB.  The phase and jitter
of the incoming signals are not critical since the data is FIFO
buffered and reclocked.  The Pace-Car automatically senses 16/44.1,
24/96 and 24/192 and adjusts the output clocks accordingly.  The master
clock to the SB can come from an internal Superclock4 or an external
professional studio clock via 50 ohm SMA connector.  I am working
toward a tape-out of the new Pace-Car in about 1-2 weeks.  The new
Pace-Car should be available early summer.

The Pace-Car output is I2S.  It didn't make sense for use to have a
S/PDIF output.  It is counterproductive to reduce the jitter to
inaudible levels and then add jitter back in with S/PDIF
encoding/decoding.  Therefore, it is compatible with several DAC's that
we mod and sell that have the Empirical I2S interface, as well as the
Perpetual P-3A DAC.  Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement....

--
audioengr