Sorry,

Noob here.  I do not have a squeezebox yet, but planning/preparing for
one.  I will not have the slimserver, just the wireless sqeezbox.

I have been experimenting with sbpoweramp to convert CDs to FLAC.  The
program so far has been a PITA.  When it works it works fine, but only
works part time.

Am I to understand that to use Apple lossless I need the slimserver?
Can I use apple lossless with only having the sqeezebox?

Frankly, I do not yet know how to rip to apple lossless as I do not see
the option in itunes, but it won't matter if I need slimserver.

Anyone with patience want to point me to some links on what folks are
using for formats and ripping programs?

Thanks for the help.  I am excited to figure this out so I can move on
to the purchase of a slimbox.

--
mgh