jeffmeh;195361 Wrote:

> The other thing you may wish to try is a linear, regulated power supply
> with the SB3.  Some claim to gain dramatic improvement with this, others
> claim no difference.
> Best of luck.

My two cents on the power supply issue: they are different in USA and
overseas, like for me in France. I got a clue on that point because my
first SB was acquired used on eBay, from USA. I must say the original
wall wart was not much impressive. As it was not  a world wide
compatible model (100 to 240V) I had to replace it anyway.
Later on, when I bought another unit from a local importer, it came
with a much larger and good looking power supply, and I feel it's not
only a matter of higher mains voltage.
So my opinion is that the possible improvement is also dependant of the
country where you live. As a matter of fact, I did some tests with a
linear workbench power supply, and found no difference. Your mileage
may vary!

JLM

--
jlmatrat