servies;197203 Wrote:
> That raises the question, which one sounded in absolute terms the best?
> and probably a lot of disagreement will always exist on that topic. You
> say that your CD player sounded better, another person may find the SB
> sounding better... What people regard as the best sounding is always
> colored by what they're used to hear...

Yes indeed.  Happily I am no believer in absolutes - although anyone
who thinks my SB3 sounds better than my CD player is surely absolutely
deaf ;)

Seriously, it's not possible to have any perfect scoring system for
audio.  You can pay attention to what other people say (kinda like ask
the audience on Millionaire - do they really have a clue?) or you could
find out for yourself.  Or, actually, you could ask a friend.  I like
this comparison.  Maybe it's all just 50:50...

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost and Anti-cables
http://www.last.fm/user/AdamSlim/