I haven't tried the RS SPL meter, but I think it should work - the sound
card connections diagram on page 9 of the ETF intro doc
(http://www.etfacoustic.com/software/RPlusD/RPlusDIntro.PDF) has
approximately the same connections I recommend
(http://inguzaudio.com/measurement/recording-sweeps/), except for "line
out" use the analog outputs of the Squeezebox.

And their diagram is probably clearer, although mine has a nice retro
Brit thing going on.

The accuracy of your measurements' frequency response will depend on
the microphone of course; and those do directly affect the room
correction target curve (unless you have a calibration file to
compensate for them).  Variation of a couple dB is easily heard at most
frequencies.  But with DRC and Acourate the final target curves are
endlessly tweakable anyway...

--
inguz