Yup, sterile sound at low volumes about sums it up. At high volumes it's
very different for me.

Cable.... I already hate myself for getting this far into this
audiophile world. I think if I started comparing cables it's time to
jump off Brighton pier! However, if it's not too expensive I may have a
punt just to convince myself cable can make no difference to the
sound... :-) ...   groan...

I'm more interested in this valve pre-amp. What is it?
I have a pair of old Quad IIs and when I fixed them up to the Arcs
(which is no way could they drive properly) I was immediately
gobsmacked by the voluptuousness of the sound (this with big slow synth
washes).

Maybe I should just have done with it and copy Adam Slim's ultimate
timbre valve set up...... :-)
or stick with the radio.

MC

--
ModelCitizen

It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist
in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Transporter > Bryston 4B ST > PMC OB1s
SB3 > NAIM NAC 102 > NAIM NAP 180 > Shahinian Arcs
http://www.last.fm/user/ModelCitizen