If you only have (and are only intending to have) the one source, I'd
strongly suggest doing away with the pre-amp and saving the money, or
spending it elsewhere.

Whatever the theory (you are effectively trading noise in the DAC for
noise and other distortions in the pre), I had a NAC82+PSUs (which
would have been about £4K at retail), and I found the system sounded at
least as good direct as with the 82 in the chain.  Now maybe there are
better, cheaper pre-amps about, but I haven't yet found one that I'd
like to buy (which is one reason my record deck is sitting idle).

YMMV, but I'd try it, before you commit to that extra box.

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk