I looked very hard at the Bel Canto DAC3 but at $2,500 it was way out of
budget for me. (I have a Bel Canto S300 that is just superb and the urge
for the matching unit was strong.)

I did test drive a Transporter but at $2,000 I couldn't justify the
higher cost compared to the SB3 (which I already owned) and the Lavry
which I got for just over $900. I think I would be very hard pressed to
tell the difference between the SB3/Lavry and the Transporter in a blind
situation. I do know that I get as much listening pleasure out of my
current combo as any other setup I've ever had.

Of course, my budget constraints are just that - mine. Other people
will have to figure out their own price/performance constraints.

--
mlsstl