24 bit, art & graphics included, DRM and wide compatibility with
equipment... you've just described DVD-Audio, which failed. Nobody
bought it.

In any case, the market for such a format would be limited to those
people:
- who actually care about the higher resolution, which is a tiny number
of audiophiles, AND
- who don't care about the fact that it's encrypted, which I strongly
suspect rules out most of those.

Commercial suicide, in other words.

Have any figures ever been released, which show a sudden and permanent
drop in DVD sales following the release of DeCSS? It's an interesting
controlled experiment; DVDs went from being difficult or impossible to
copy, to being trivial to copy, almost overnight. Did the movie
industry ever actually back up their whining about it with any actual
figures?

Has it, perhaps, occurred to you that all the formats which are
commercially successful are also easy to copy - while SACD and
DVD-Audio (which are not easy to copy) are the ones which have been
failures?

Don't get me wrong - I'd [ay good money for 24-bit, audiophile quality
recordings - but only as long as they're of music that I'd have
actually bought anyway, and provided they're in an open,
non-proprietary, unencrypted format.

--
AndyC_772