willyhoops;199320 Wrote:
> That's why I want to add lots of extra value and make changing player a
> non issue so the consumer can get more than he looses. so sorry but yes
> he can love this if done just right.

rubbish.... It will never work. I don't want to be bound to a format
that some idiot at Sony/EMI/Warner thinks is good for me. I'll decide
that for myself.

> Yes the message must get encoded by the enemy server and get decoded in
> the tamper proof enemy hardware and come out analogue from there. the
> consumer never gets access to the pure unencrypted message. it's not
> really that hard - just need this hardware (described in article).
>

> Yes absolutely thats the most interesting bit of the argument. I am
> convinced it's the case and you have all my arguments. If people are
> real honest and think on it for a bit in a smart economist like way
> rather than as a little man, then I think they will see that a digital
> future without copy protection is a bleak future indeed.

If economists and businessman would be really honest and wouldn't
always think with their greedy claws for the short term they would see
that a digital future WITH only DRM is NO future at all.
I'm a technologist and I can tell you: every security invented will be
broken in the future, if it isn't, it's probably not interesting enough
to break it. I want to decide for myself how I listen to the music that
I bought. I don't want an idiot at Sony/EMI/Warner/Whatever to decide
that for me. I know what's best for me myself.
You wouldn't even be here if your idea was already working. You would
never have been able to put your music on a computerdisc and listen to
it with your Squeezebox.

--
servies