These are probably a lot cheaper on *bay:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CDR830Plus/ .

Then there are sound cards with word clock I/O:
http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=917029 , which I'd imagine
could allow you to use the transporters DAC with a movie server or
other real-time computer events.

A standard DVD player is the one I don't have figured out. Surely there
is some kind of master clock that could provide ASRC on the SPDIF input,
or whatever other low latency jitter attenuation, and then be slaved to
the transporters clock. Again, shopping at the pro audio sites will
save you $ and probably give you a lot more ideas on how the feature
could be used.

--
Skunk