results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817
Question: Should there be a new forum for photos?

- yes
- no
- maybe

Skunk;200009 Wrote:
> Interesting that you prefer the Transporter into the headphones versus
> the Wilsons. Is it because the headphone amp is balanced only, or a
> sound quality preference?
>
> Let's see the main system!
>
> EDIT: oops, I see you have a D/A converter in the main system
> already...

Kind of just happened that way...  Got an SB2 and the Bryston preamp
w/DAC a couple of years ago and have always really enjoyed them.  When
I got my headphone rig and did some listening tests, the Transporter
edged out an SB3->Headroom Max DAC combo.  Not where I originally
expected to put the Transporter, but it somehow all makes sense now.

Just did my first side-by-side listening of the Transporter vs an
SB3/Bryston DAC.  To my ears, they are quite similar -- no wonder I
like them both so much.

--
muski