First a confession - I'm an audiophile, but I'm computer challenged.  I
have never 'ripped' a CD, nor have I ever downloaded music.  I can,
however, mount a cartridge on a tonearm (so you know where I'm coming
from).

I'm planning on introducing a squeezebox into my system (wireless) and
using the toslink out to connect to a 'spare' digital input on my Linn
Unidisk SC universal player/preamp.

I intend to rip my CD's (about 600) to a USB drive in a lossless
format, for top sound quality, and stream that to the Squeezebox.  I
have a laptop, which I intend to augment with a desktop soon, so I want
to keep the 'library' in a permanent location - probably on a 500G USB
drive (or two).

Before I get started with all the ripping and connections, I want to
confirm that I'm on the right track, so if someone with experience
could confirm, it would be very much appreciated.

1. It seems that WMA is pretty easy to use for lossless 'rips' - is
that ok, or should I use something else?

2. Is there a preferred wireless 'network' for connecting the
squeezebox to the computer?  Is a standard "G" router ok, or should I
go for an "N" router?

Many thanks,
JBC

--