I have a few questions, but i am not
an audiophile high -  end user or expert. So the questions maybe appear

stupid. Anyway, i will be wery pleased if you take your time and
answer.

I am considering a purschase of Quad 12L Active studio monitors
http://www.whats-new-at-totallywired.com/march2007news.html. When they
comes
to dealer in Norway. I know, they are primary ment for use in music -
recording not audiophile lissening. I will listen to them connected to
my
computer first. The setup will be computer - Squeezebox - 12L`s ative -

possibly with an external DAC in the future in this line of setup.
Computer – Squeezebox – 12L`s active.

Where shoud the external DAC be placed ? I think computer - Squeezebox
-
(here)DAC - 12L`s active. If i`m wrong, make it rihgt for me please.

In this case of set up, will the computer soundcards quatilty and DAC`s
have
an impact of the sound ? Will the computers soundcard just be a
transporter
of audio bits. Soundcard is M - audio revolution 7.1 with only mini
jack`s,
but have digital out SP/DIF (or is it coaxil out ?).
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Revolution71-main.html Will a
card
like M - audiphile 24/192 give better result in a audophile matter ?
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile192-main.html

Is digital out the same as SP/DIF ? If so, when using this SP/DIF
connection, do i bypass the soundcards DAC`s ? Maybe thats the point,
if my
goal is to acheive best possible stereo audio with use of extarnal
DAC`s and
Squeezebox with this equipment? Try to correct me if i`m wrong. How do
connect this gear ?

Then, if SP/DIF bypasses DAC`s, do i have to use analog outs from the
external DAC`s connected directelly to the 12L`s active ?

Is it DAC`s in amplifiers ? If it is, can i use the DAC`s on the 12L`s

active amplifier instead of an external DAC ? Will an external DAC give
better audio resolution ?

Is it possible to get use of several DAC`s for example 2 - 3 ?

Can you help us providing a guide on how to connect computer -
Squeezebox -
extarnal DAC - 12L active`s ? What kind of cables form soundcard -
Squeezebox - external DAC - 12L active`s. What kind of cable  from what
kind
of output/input. Do only need a guide on how to connect this gear.
Software
and drivers i will install quite well, i think.

What kind of mods to Squeezebox 3 do you suggest, with
this gear ? After maybe just reading spesifications of this gear do you

think it will be better audo resolutions, after modding SB3 and with
use of
external DAC ? What kind of external DAC do you suggest ? Can I use
MHdt Labs Paradisea + when I don’t have tube amplifier ? Do I have to
go for MHT Labs Constantine ?

First I have to purschase the 12L active and the Squeezebox. Then I
have to save some money 3 – 4 mounts before I purschase a DAC. And some
money saving again so i can afford a mod on the Squeezebox.

I am living alone with my 15 years old son and sometimes some of his
friends
in the same 25 squaremeter room. So we both need a decent sound since
we
have to listen to each others music taste either we will or not. But we
like
the same music pretty often. If the sound is okay we both will have a
nice
time. Me and my son will be wery pleased for answers to these
questions.

Best regards

Terje and Daniel

--