Phil Leigh;201950 Wrote:
> Opaqueice,
> Yes I do use a TACT (RCS 2.2X) - but the DSP in there is upsampling
> then applying room correction at 24-bit depth. I don't want to reduce
> the bits going into the TACT, I need to give it the maximum numbers of
> bits so it can work its magic!

Oh - does the SB S/PDIF only send out 16 bit data?

I believe the SB digital volume adjustment is done by first
"upsampling" (really just zero padding) to 24 and *then* applying the
volume reduction, so the info going to the SB's internal DAC is 24 bit,
just as for your TacT.  I don't know for sure if the SB digital out is
24 bit, but I would think so - does anyone know?

--
opaqueice