egd;202499 Wrote:
> quoting from "What HiFi planet are we on?":
> page 80 -"Sound Advice" : "Quality vs file-size conundrum"-- "*Apple
> Lossless is the best-quality widely compatible format*…"
What is their definition of "widely compatible"? None of the lossless
codecs are universally playable. At the risk of having my audiophile
epaulets torn from my jacket, I'd be tempted to suggest that the best
quality widely compatible format you can get these days is 320kbs CBR
MP3.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?