It sounds to me as though your problem is that you want something for
nothing - and you insist on making life even more difficult for
yourself by worrying about the technical implementation rather than
trusting your own ears. You worry about jitter, but not about power
supply noise and PSRR, or DAC non-linearity, or crossover distortion,
or the nature of any digital filtering, or any of the other factors
that affect sound quality. It's a bit like trying to buy a fast car and
insisting (only) that it's cheap and the engine is turbocharged.

IMHO a £700 source (say, the Benchmark) is perfectly appropriate for a
£500 amp and £1000 speakers - I presume you're familiar with the phrase
"garbage in, garbage out".

--
AndyC_772