IMHO the most likely explanation for any difference between different
server installations would be if some configuration difference had
accidentally crept in while installing - perhaps different volume or
preamp settings, or file format transcodiing options.

If all of those variables have indeed been eliminated, then I think
you've just done an excellent demonstration of the power of the placebo
effect.....

On the other hand, if you do want to go looking for differences, you
will first need to be clear about whether you are streaming the WAV
files directly to the SB, or whether (the default) they are being
transcoded to FLAC before being sent.

If the former, then you are going to have to think very hard about what
mechanism might be in play to allow the OS that is sending the WAV files
down a heavily buffered IP network to affect the way that the SB is
delivering the bits to a DAC.

If the latter, then we are back in the "FLAC sounds different to WAV"
discussion, which I'd rather stay out of, though I do note that
proponents of this argument usually offer an explanation along the
lines that there is some odd effect of the FLAC-WAV decoding in the SB
which is causing an audible outcome... how that would work when the DAC
is external to the SB I really can't imagine.

Unless of course the servers are generating airborne or mains-borne
interference with the DAC, in which case the SB is irrelevant
anyway...

IMHO.

Ceejay

--