Okay, after researching this a bit, I think I will have to go with the
Musical Fidelity X-DAC v8.  It is more flexible over all, and should do
okay with the SB3.  It does have jitter reduction, which helps, and the
tube output buffer option is just too sweet to pass up.  I guess I will
just have to use my PC for high res and hope the SB4 will pass the
digital signal.
The transporter looks to be a great component, but I hate to give u p
flexibility and pay more money to do so.  Size is also a factor.
Anyway, I will post a review once the DAC is in and I have spent some
time with it. Thanks for all of your input, it certainly clarified a
lot for me.

--
linuxtx