1 - Music Experience: I don't play an instrument or can sing a tune.
1 - Audio Experience: I’m not recording engineer.
1 – Hobby Drive: Laziness (tired of flipping CD's w.r.t
SqueezeBox). Home Theater/Enjoy Music (General Music system).
1 - Slim Devices: Heard about it on http://meridianunplugged.com,
figured if it was good enough for those guys it is good enough for me.
I’m also interested in Sonos because of user friendliness (Wife
won’t touch squeezebox).

2 – Past: Lexicon, Krell, B&W Nautilus, Matrix (I liked Matrix
Better, hard for me to admit that, but true)
2 – Current: All Meridian, 861V4, DSP-5500 Left, Right, Center,
DSP-33 rears running “Trifield”
2 – Future: Maybe add HDMI Card to 861 for SACD from PS3. Maybe
check out Sonos.
2 - Cables: All stock Meridian Digital Cables. Cables don’t
matter in this setup. Really they don’t.
2 – Room: Untreated living room.
2 – Placement: 3 in front and 2 at sides.

3 – Philosophy: Blind testing, absolutely. Your head can play
more tricks on you than you might ever believe. I also believe in
instantaneous A/B testing (not just blind testing). If it takes more
the 3 seconds to switch, the comparison is a waste of time (not always
easy to do). This is critical for subtle differences (which most
differences are). Testing in the store is completely useless as well
(in home, in your room only, is all that matters).

4 – Brings me here: Ripping tips, real upgrades that actually
help, have not read a one yet that convinced me.

--
mswlogo