The SB, in its current form/function and flexibility, including the
Slimserver design/function -- are what makes the SB system among the
most enjoyable things I have purchased and used in a long long time.

With that said, I totally agree -- I am a geek and am at home working
with computers as I have been since the 70s.     For even moderately
skilled technology savvy people(my wife fits in here) -- Managing and
owning a SB setup, properly, on their own is a near impossibility.

I don't think this is a huge problem for Logitech....I hope there are
enough of us geeks to sustain a viable product line with the current
approach and mindset.

With that said, if logitech wants to break out of this niche, and
expand to a much larger customer base...concentrating on ease of use
should be a major focus.    I think doing this by providing a front end
to many existing functions, including basic/advanced modes of the
slimserver/SB would be a good general approach.

I certainly hope they will succeed in fostering broader acceptance of
the SB/slimserver system -- as I think then the economies of scale can
provide even more functionality and performance/$$ than available
otherwise....and of course much more profits for Logitech.

--
jt25741

SB3->AR Masters Coax -> PS Audio DLIII -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR ->
Sim Audio P5 -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR -> Sim Audio W5 -> Cardas
Golden Reference Hi-Mid,PS Audio Xstream Plus Low-> Magnepan 3.6R