While I personally preferred my external DAC over the SB's analog out, I
did try it and it was pretty darned impressive for the money.  Like you,
I used some pretty high end cables during the demo (an old pair of Van
den Hul silver) so I'm sure that helped strut its stuff.

That said, if it even comes close to pleasing you considering your most
impressive analog front end, it's a testament to the SB's sonic
abilities.  At the very least, it seems like there's a good synergy
between your system and the SB.

Enjoy your new toy!

- VD

--
Videodrome

Two-channel System:
SB3, into Musiland MD-10 DAC;
Outlaw 970 Pre/Pro;
McCormack DNA-125 amplifier;
Quad 11L speakers;
Sota Sapphire ttbl. w/ Grado Ref. Platinum Cart. into Rolls Bellari
VP-129 tube phono stage;
Marantz 10b;
Nakamichi RX505;
Cables Used: DH Labs, Van den Hul, Distech, Monster, many more.