Hi, everyone !

I have found a big problem with SB3 / slimerver Audio!

The first audio track that´s being played after SB3 power on always
sounds better ! Or more "High END"

If i select another track / CD or play the same track again (Pressing
PLAY on remote)
The Quality of the musik gets much more reduced !!!

It´s like some high frequencys disappears.
The Music sounds "flatter" or less "Room" like moving from "High END"
To "Hi FI"

The reduced frequencys is of course easier to hear on different Audio
recordings.

Try This at you own system !

1. Power on your SB3.
2. Select a good recording, start to play. (My sound is now "High
END")
3. Select another track on the same album (The sound is now reduced "Hi
FI")
4. Select the same recording / track that you started with in step 2.
(The sound is still reduced "Hi FI")
5. Press the pause on SB3 remote.
6. Power OFF your SB3.
7. Power on your SB3.
8. Press "Now Playing on SB3"
9. Press Pause, Now the sound is back on "High END again !!!!

Please try this on various music, when your know where to listen you
start to hears this "Bugg" easy!

Listen in the "Reverb region" / High frequencys.

You have to A/B listen for a while to start hear this !!

I stream Flac as Wave but if i stream Flac i can hear this to.

I have the Vol setting to "FIXED" in slimserver -> Player setting ->
Audio.

There is the same problem on "Wired" or "Wireless"

There is the same problem on Optical & Coax.

I Have only tried this with External DAC.

My friend hear this also om my system.
He also gets the same result on his system.
(External Dac, Quad ESL, etc)

We both have very good "Hi End" Gear / revealing speakers etc. external
DAC

It´s easier to hear on my system because i have a "A universally
applicable omnidirectional tweeter"

My system:

SB3 (Latest firmware and Slimserver) I am Only playing .Flac files done
with EAC /Plextor
Digital Out from SB3 -> Musical Fidelity X-Dac v3 -> Musical Fidelity
X-10 V3 Tube Buffer -> Cambridge AZUR 840A Amp.
Speakers: Chario Hyper 2000 Tower Reference + Elac CL 4Pi Plus (A
universally applicable omnidirectional tweeter)
SB3 Linear power supply.

Best Regards !

/Mats :-)

--