Thanks for the replies.  I understand how data works, I just wasn't sure
if the extra connection might make any difference, but it makes sense.

My music server is plugged into a wired router along with the SB3.
That is all that is on that network.  I have a separate wireless
network for my computers.  I had the SB3 on my computer network, but it
kept dropping out due to the fact that there were two hops involved and
the wireless router was in the basement, so I wired it to the other
router and it now works perfectly.

Just mulling things over guys.  I'm always looking for ways to improve
the sound quality.

Colin

--
Colin Reilly