david68;212796 Wrote:
> Hmm the one I have for my SB3 says 7.5VA on it. Now that's a 5V supply
> so I don't know what the 12v one I've just ordered for my Shek D1 will
> have as a VA rating.
>
> I'm quite interested in what you say about having built some linear
> power supplies for people before. If you fancy any more custom then
> please PM me.

If you are only using the digital out of the SB into a DAC the basic
Stontronics linear is just fine...
IMHO it's only worth investigating more exotic supply solutions if you
are using the analogue SB...and you'll need to disect the internal
supplies to do so which is not trivial.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)