snarlydwarf;213742 Wrote:
> And that change is on the analog outs.
>
> So you can reverse the wiring of your analog cables between the SB and
> the amp/preamp/receiver/whatever.  $10 worth of parts at Radio Shack
> and you can dereverse (yes, I made that word up) phase in hardware.  No
> active components, pure audiophile grade mod!
>
> If you do it on those cables, other sources won't be affected.
>
> Or use the digital outs...

You can't change the phase of the RCA outputs by rewiring them!

That would work with a _balanced_ connection, but you can't do it with
the RCAs because their sleeves are both at ground.

You _can_, however, invert phase by reversing both speaker
connections.

ratso: the suggestion to go back to fw15 (now over two years old) is
patently ridiculous for reasons I don't have the patience to elaborate
right now, but if you search the archives it's all been covered.

--
seanadams