Hi, I've just noticed that I'm getting some weird sounding high pitched
distortion in the background when playing back a 48khz track. Its a
high pitched whine that has a kind of echo/vibrato effect with it. It
is present throughout the whole track, but seems to 'play along' with
the music ie. it's not there during silent gaps.

The same track has always played back fine before. Two things have
changed in my setup since I last listened to it - 1: a new router and
2: a new Shek D1 DAC.

Firstly I thought it might be linked to the router and so I tried
connecting through an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly, but that
made no difference. So my attention turned to the DAC and I tried using
the SB3's analog outputs.....fixed...no more distortion!

So what's going on?!? Doesn't the Shek D1 like 48khz sample rate? The
same track at 44.1khz plays fine through it. I was using a Meridian 203
DAC for a while, which behaved fine, and I'm pretty sure I would have
tried that track with it.

Any ideas?

--
david68