Thanks all.

I have the cables since before and the pre amp accepts XLR.
However, the manufacturer (Audionet) recommends using RCA since the
design of their amp(s) is not balanced and it sounds better with RCA
unless the cables are somewhere around 10 m or longer. I use 1 m cables
from TP to pre.

Then when listening, using RCA sounded better to me.
Not knowing wheter this was my mind playing me or that it really
sounded better, at least with Sean's explanation I can get some piece
of mind knowing that what I hear might actually be real. :)

And no I did not double blind test it. ;)

pfarrel, what are RealTraps?

Cheers,
/Johan

--